Technology. It’s amazing.
This Saturday, Terry will be at the University Bookstore in Seattle, WA at 4:00 PM in support of his new Shannara novel, The Darkling Child. Terry loves doing these events, meeting with fans and signing books.
But he can only be in so many places when a book releases and that leaves a great many people around the world unable to hear him speak in real time.
No more. I will be trying something new Saturday afternoon. Periscope via Twitter.
What is Periscope? Periscope is a live video streaming app for iOS and Android. Put simply, anyone with a iOS or Android phone or tablet will be able to watch Terry talk about what he’s been working on, watch Terry read from something new, and watch Terry take questions from the audience. All in real time.
I know, I know. I can hear many of you saying, “But I don’t have iOS or Android!” I am videotaping the event as well, to be posted a few days later. So people can still watch Terry’s event. It just won’t be live.
How do you get ready for this?
Simple, follow these directions:
- Follow me (Shawn Speakman) on Twitter @shawnspeakman
- Download the Periscope app from iTunes or Google Play
- On Saturday, June 13th, at 3:55 PM PDT, visit my Twitter page
- Look for the link I share to the Periscope event
- If you miss the link, open the Periscope app and find the Seattle, WA event with the Map Search feature
- Click on the event and watch from the comfort of your home, car, wherever!
- Send the event Hearts, Hearts, Hearts to increase the ranking of the event!
- That simple!
I will likely be doing a test run tomorrow. And if Terry stops by to sign books, I will live-stream that as well.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them below!
Should be fun Saturday!
5 responses to “Live-Streamed: Saturday’s Event On Periscope”
All well and good (I will most likely watch), but when is he going to sign the pre-ordered copies we ordered as signed online?
Please read the update on The Signed Page.
Shawn – I wasn’t able watch live. Is a replay available?
Replay only lasts 24 hours. After that, it’s gone.
I am Periscoping Terry again on Saturday when he comes over to sign books. And I will have a video from the event posted, hopefully tomorrow.
Thanks! In the meantime, I’ll follow you on Twitter and download the app.